Or, translated, why the heck wasn't I born rich and with a live-in housekeeper?!?!
I love having a clean house. I hate actually doing the work to get it that way. What a conundrum. Once upon a time, I had it good. I had an actual lady come in and clean my house every two weeks. Those were my favorite two days of the month, hands down. Of course, the two days before those two days, were the worst as we generally had to spend all evening decluttering the house, so the cleaning lady could actually clean. But hey, nothing great comes without a price, heh?
Then my mom moved around the corner from us. And we quit having the housekeeper come, as my mom wasn going to take over those duties for us. And she did. For about 10 glorious months, we never had to clean house, or do laundry, or iron, or any of those other pesky little housekeeping duties that come up on a daily basis.
And then she moved back to her old house.
I contemplated calling our former cleaning lady to see if she could come back again, but we didn't really have the extra money, and so we decided to do it ourselves. Not sure what we were thinking there. Actually for awhile, it wasn't too bad. I would set aside a day that I didn't have court, about every three weeks or so, and really clean the house really well.
Quite frankly, that sucked eggs. I've been a little more lax about that lately. Consequently, my house has developed the CHAOS syndrome. For the past two days, I've been doing some relatively serious housecleaning. Okay, well, at least a little of it. Today, I got smart and taught Aaron how to mop with the Swiffer wetjet. I can hear him in there right now pushing the little button that releases the cleaning fluid. Are kids useful or what?
Friday, June 06, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
You and the links are cracking me up. :)
I taught Gaby how to spray the windex and wash the windows. Very useful.
Impressive, isn't it? I also figured out other things, like how to strike through words. I am now very techno-savvy!
Post a Comment