According to Merriam-Webster online, addiction is defined as the quality or state of being addicted. That's a shocker. So we go on to the definition of addicted which is to devote or surrender oneself to something habitually or obsessively.
I, my friends, am addicted to crafting. All kinds of crafting. It started with cross stitching. Then it became crocheting. I then moved on to sewing and quilting. Jewelry making was next.
The latest craze is polymer clay. I've become smarter though. I recognize my insanity. I know that once I get started on a new craft, that I become obsessive and must have every gadget and gizmo that you can use for said craft. So I haven't actually even started making polymer clay items yet. I've been stocking up on the supplies as they go on sale, or buying one thing at a time using percentage off coupons. That way, when I actually do start making things, I will have everything I need, and won't lose my mind and run to the store to buy that one thing I am lacking and just must have, cost be damned.
I'm a craft freak. There, I've said it.




No comments:
Post a Comment