Friday, June 20, 2008

And a good time was had by all

But my feet still really, really hurt.

Mike, my mother, Christian, Aaron, Clayton and I went to Six Flags yesterday. The day started out stormy and rainy, but happily, had mostly cleared up by the time the park opened at 10:30. The bad part was that some of the rides were not open for awhile, as some of the parts and such had to dry out. The good part was that apparently many people were frightened off by the weather, so we ended up being able to get right on most of the rides, with very little wait, which was a very nice surprise. Although it did get busier throughout the day, we still didn't have to wait longer than 30 minutes for even the newest rides.

This was Clayton's first visit to Six Flags, and the reviews were mixed. He was frightened by several of the rides, flat refused to ride some of them, but overall had a good time. He particularly liked the Looney Tunes characters and superheroes who wander through the park. He had no qualms at going up to Tweety and Granny and giving them hugs. Several times.

Aaron surprised me by being not only willing, but excited about riding many of the large roller coasters. He would have ridden more, but there were some, like this one, and this one, that neither Mike nor I were willing to ride with the boys. Mike, Christian and Aaron did, however, ride this one. Personally, I thought they were crazy.

Apparently I rode a few too many roller coasters and the like myself, which clearly scrambled my brain, as I determined that it would be a good idea to upgrade mine, Christian and Aaron's tickets to season passes, so that we could go ANYTIME we wanted. Umm, yeah. Like once a year isn't enough for that kind of thing. My head still starts spinning if I close my eyes.

Anyway, the only bad news is that I didn't take my camera, because, quite frankly, I didn't want to have to carry it around, so I have no pictures of Clayton with Tweety or any of the other fine feathered friends. If he goes back again this year, I will definitely go to the trouble of taking a camera for it.

Overall, it was a lot of fun, despite my still aching feet and dizzy head. Just give me a couple of weeks before I feel up to doing it again! I'm thinking Six Flags is kind of like childbirth. The more time that passes, the less you remember of the bad parts. And like childbirth, it gets harder as you get older!

No comments: