Anyway, that was the plan. But then I decided instead to go to the grocery store to get food for the week's meal plan that I created yesterday (scary, isn't it?) So I dropped Aaron and Clayton off at VBS, Christian off with Grandpa, and headed off to Target. Generally, I hate grocery shopping. But normally that's because I go to Walmart, my arch nemesis, and have the kids with me. This trip, it was actually enjoyable. It was quiet. It wasn't crowded. I wasn't in all that much of a hurry. It was great. So, after Target, I went to Sam's to pick up a couple of things, and then headed home.
Where I really became domestic. Here's what I have done up until this point, where I have, quite simply, collapsed on the couch with Clayton and a glass of wine:
- unloaded and put away groceries, including splitting up huge bag of Sam's chicken into more reasonable portions
- loaded and ran dishwasher
- washed, dried, folded, hung, and put away 2 loads of laundry
- began dinner preparations
- picked Aaron and Clayton up from VBS, dropped Aaron off at Grandpa's with Christian, and took Clayton to the dentist
- picked up Aaron and Christian from Grandpa's
- go home and fix Clayton and myself some lunch
- washed, dried, folded, hung, and put away 2 more loads of laundry
- fixed Aaron sack "lunch" for dinner tonight at Twilight Camp
- dropped Aaron, Clayton and Christian back off at Grandpa's house
- took myself to the dentist
- made Christian a dentist appointment, as well as follow-up six month checkups for Aaron, Clayton and myself
- broke the news to Mike about the crown I have to have
- picked up Clayton and Christian from Grandpa's house (Aaron had gone to Twilight Camp)
- come home and unload and reload dishwasher
- fix dinner for tonight, put in oven
- cook hamburger meat for dinners for tomorrow night and Thursday night; divide
- put soup together to simmer in the crockpot tomorrow for tomorrow night's dinner
- have dinner with family
- wake Clayton up from an ill-timed nap and shove food down his grouchy throat
- clean up the kitchen, for the 3rd time today
Still to do this evening:
- Have Christian take a shower
- Get Clayton in the bath
- Have Aaron take a shower when he gets home
- Wash yet another load of laundry, including the t-shirt that Aaron has to wear each night this week to Twilight Camp (now whose incredibly silly idea was that?!?!)
- Get kids to bed
- Wait up for Mike to get back from his friend Greg's house, where he is helping him with some projects
Oh, and about that filing? Uh, yeah, still not done. Maybe tomorrow...




2 comments:
Wow. You were busy yesterday. I wish I'd had that sort of motivation when I got home from work.
Yeah, well, the thing is, you actually worked yesterday and got paid for it, so you have an excuse. I, on the other hand, cgot no paying work done, so not such a good thing.
Post a Comment