This happened last night just as we were about to sit down to dinner, so I checked the caller id to see who it was before turning off the machine and picking up the phone. I didn't recognize the number, so decided to listen to the message which went something like this:
This is Tandy, Kyle's mom, Clayton's friend from (daycare). Clayton gave Kyle his number today and Kyle was wanting to call him. I guess Clayton could give us a call back. My number is 555-555-5555.
So, I tell Clayton that Kyle has called, which seemed to surprise him, quite frankly. Clayton then called back, and they had the type of telephone conversation you would expect from two five year olds.
Of course this whole time I'm thinking that Kyle had asked Clayton for his phone number. I was pretty impressed that Kyle had actually remembered it. After the actual conversation, I asked Clayton if Kyle had asked for his number, and he says, "No, I wrote it down and gave it to him and Curtis." I was impressed that he not only remembered his number, but was able to write it down accurately and pass it on, but a little nonplussed that he had done so. Not that there is anything wrong with that, it just surprised me. Clayton is much more social than Aaron was at that age, so he does things sometimes that I just don't expect, lol.




2 comments:
Wow. I don't think Gaby even knows the number. Of course, we use our cell phones exclusively, so she really has to learn two numbers.
I've tried to teach them Mike's cell number also, but haven't encouraged it as much as I should. I mean, we're not really home, unless they are with us, so it would make much more sense for them to actually be able to get ahold of us, you know?
Post a Comment