Saturday, June 21, 2008

Quiet evening

It's been a good day. Mike cooked breakfast while I slept in (thanks, hon!) After a down-home artery-clogging breakfast of bacon, sausage patties, scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy, I cleaned up the kitchen while Mike and Christian went to one of our rent houses to do some work. Aaron and Clayton played upstairs, so I layed on the couch and drank coffee and read a book by my favorite author to read when I am wanting to relax, get away, and not think about anything serious.

After Mike and Christian got home after lunch, we went swimming for quite a while. From the red tint of my face, I'd say perhaps a bit too long, but the sun felt wonderful, and the mindless floating even better.

Mike, Christian and Aaron are now off at an opry type place where Mike plays drums in a band every so often. He and a friend of his are the youngest bandmembers by about forty years, so it should be an adventure for the boys. Clayton didn't want to go, so he and I are hanging out and watching television and drinking the strawberry smoothies he talked me into making.

Oh, and doing laundry. Lots and lots of laundry. I'm on I believe the 5th load of the day. Maybe the 6th. Have I ever mentioned how much laundry I do in an average week?!

You know, Saturday nights just aren't what they were 20 years ago.

I think maybe they're better.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seriously, what's with all the laundry? I did 3 loads yesterday, I probably have another 2 to get done today. And I don't have as many people in my house as you have in yours!

Cheryl said...

We do have more right now, as Christian is here. Also, we swim most days, so between the swimsuits and the towels, there's a load right there. And then another load of bath towels from five people. That's not even taking into consideration any actual clothes!

Amber said...

I stil have laundry the kids brought home from Mom's that I need to get done. Reading about everyone else having so much laundry did nothing to motivate me either. :)