Friday, May 30, 2008

Of snakes, slip and slides, little ladybugs, and big muscles

It was an evening in pictures. Well, except for the snake. By the time I got over being freaked out, and decided to take a picture of it, Mike had already taken it and thrown it into the creek by our house. The creek that is soon going to be turned into a road by the city, but that's a whole other post. Anyway, the snake to which I refer met it's demise while trying to cross the road, apparently from our house to our neighbors. I've seen dead snakes on the road before. On more than one occassion. But this thing? This thing was HUGE! It was at least 4 feet long, and at least 8 inches in diameter. People were literally stopping their cars and turning around to come back and look again. It was incredibly disturbing to think that thing had been in my yard!!! Still too bad I didn't get that picture.

Next there was the slip and slide. Thanks for that idea, Shannon! The kids, particularly Clayton, had a blast. Good thing that snake decided to vacate before we set that up!


And then there was the cool ladybug. Apparently ladybugs are like the other ladies in Clayton's life. He likes the ladybugs, and the ladybugs like him.


And lastly was the show of manly muscles. Clayton has been working five and half years for those, baby!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You found one like the one Gaby's got! I am hoping to set hers up again tomorrow and let her slide to her heart's content. :)

Cheryl said...

Is it? I was having a hard time deciding between this one, which has two slides, and one that had three. I finally decided this one was better.