Sunday, May 04, 2008

Is it the control gene I was born with?

Or is there some other reason I can't seem to just leave well enough alone on some things. Perhaps it's the compulsive planner in me, which unfortunately, doesn't also come with a compulsive organization gene. That's unfortunate.

In any case, we are at a family reunion yesterday for Mike's family. They have this reunion every year, and usually the older people come, but there aren't always that many younger people, and usually not that many children. Yesterday was an exception. They had a very good turnout, with quite a few young kids.

Mike's dad was in charge of the planning this year, and one of his cousins has been in charge the last several years. They've decided for this next year, that they are going to have a committee. Mike's aunt asks me about being on it.

That's where planning Cheryl popped her head out. With ideas of newsletters throughout the year, yahoo groups in order to keep in touch, activities for the kids and the adults, and family trees and portraits. What is it that they say about in for a dime, in for a dollar, or whatever that saying is? Yes, I'm obsessive. It's just the way I am. Mike says I'll regret volunteering, but I say it's going to be the best darn reunion ever!

No comments: