Thursday, May 22, 2008

Irony #2

Okay, if you can't laugh at yourself, who can you laugh at?

I'm sitting in court this morning in San Angelo. The proceeding, though so not the circus that the 14 day hearing was, is still a trainwreck on many levels for reasons I can't go into.

Anyway, I have a couple of the respondent mothers in other cases sitting next to me in the gallery. I've had a difficult time all morning not just laughing out loud at times over the confusion and mayhem that still exists in this case. So at one point, I lean over to the respondent mother next to me (she was wearing pink by the way), and say "This is like watching a bad television show."

I then sit back up, and wonder why she isn't laughing because, hey, that was funny.

Then I realize she doesn't watch television. Like at all. Except perhaps the news nowadays.

Umm yeah, you really ought to judge your audience before making a joke.

No comments: