Sunday, May 25, 2008

Have I mentioned I'm not as young as I once was?

Okay, I admit it. I'm old. And out of shape.

We went bowling yesterday, which, while not all that physically strenuous, can be a bit wearing on the lower back. Then later in the day, the four of us took our bikes up to the church parking lot and rode them around for about an hour. It was truly lots of fun, and the first time I've ridden that much in years. My legs were jelly-like by the time we got done, and I fully expected them to be quite sore today. To my surprise, my legs are not the problem today, but my lower back is. I woke up with it hurting very much this morning. I had a hard time standing during the music at church, and had to walk pretty slow at Walmart. I'm now lying on the couch, wishing desperately I could find my missing heating pad, and thinking seriously about running some very hot water in the whirlpool tub, and soaking in it in an effort to loosen up a bit.

Mike has now taken the boys back up to the church to ride again. I'm not sure if he is riding as well, or just watching. As for me, clearly, I am simply lying on the couch and whining.

Most things about getting older really rock, but the body falling apart on me is so not one of them.

No comments: