Monday, September 29, 2008

Cooler weather = more motivation

Seriously, I don't know if it's the cooler weather, or the fact that I've been busier at work, but I've had more motivation to get things done in my off-time also. Mike and I got tons done around the house this weekend between the two of us, along with having fun with the kids, and the kids having plenty of opportunity to play outside together.

I was still feeling that motivation this morning, and since, other than a luncheon I need to go to, have no court obligations today, I decided to continue the trend and do the following today:
  • iron clothes for Mike, Aaron, and myself
  • finish sewing the apron I am making for Aaron's class basket for the school carnival
  • do the last two loads of laundry that didn't get done yesterday
  • do general house pick-up
  • clean out the fish tank, which is decidedly green
  • make and deliver a garlic pepper cheeseball

And things started out well in that line. So far this morning, I've:

  • unloaded the clean dishes from the dishwasher, and loaded the dirty ones
  • cleaned and peeled the last of the onions from the garden
  • emptied the fish tank and put the rocks and such in soapy water to soak all the yukky green stuff off
  • killed the fish

Um, yeah, that last one. Not quite sure how that happened. I didn't notice, prior to carrying the fish tank into the kitchen, whether the fish was already deceased, or whether I perhaps jostled the resin frog, causing it to fall on said beta fish, causing an irreversible head injury. All I know is that when I went to look for the fish to scoop his little slimy self out into a cup to allow me to clean his abode, I realized that he was no longer along the living. And was located suspicously underneath said resin frog. Not the first time that frog has claimed a victim, but that' s a whole other story. Thanks for the frog, Susan!

Anyway, I'm now trying to decide what exactly to tell the kids, or whether to just wait and see if they notice. Until then, I'm off to iron...

No comments: