Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Paradise is where you find it

I had a really busy day today. I had to be in court this morning at 8:30 in a county about 30 miles from home. Then I had to be in another county, 30 miles from there, at 10:30. I then had to go back to the first county by 1 p.m., and then back to my home county, another 30 miles, for court, at 1:30. I was on time to everything but the last court hearing, but I'd already told people I was going to be a bit late, so it was okay. Needless to say, I put many miles on my car today. Happily, in one of the counties, I found gas about 20 cents a gallon cheaper than at home, so I filled up.

Anyway, I had about an hour and fifteen minutes of downtime prior to my 1 p.m. meeting, so after grabbing a quick lunch, I went to Joann Fabrics, one of my happy places. I found some fabulous lime green lady bug and butterfly fabric to make bibs for a girl who I just found out is pregnant, and while getting my fabric cut, apparently I was humming and didn't realize it. The lady cutting my fabric said, "You sure are happy!" I guess I had a funny look on my face, because she said, "You're humming." "Oh," I said, "Well, Joann's is a happy place!" "Most of the time," she agreed. She just had no idea that of all the places I had been to that point, and still had to go, that Joann's was by far the happiest place I would visit.

And who could blame me with fabric like this:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OH, that fabric is adorable. :) Will make you smile while you're puttering away in your sewing room today.