Monday, September 15, 2008

First school injury for the kindergarten kid

On the way home from school today, Clayton tells me, "I have some bad news from school." Hmm, that's not a good sign. Then the phone rang when I was pulling into the driveway, so the kids got out and went into the house themselves. A few minutes later, I saw him, and couldn't figure out why he was walking around backwards with his hand over his face.

Turns out that he has a black eye, or at least the starts of one. According to the story I pieced together, apparently another child was spinning him around and he hit his face on the bookcase.

Problem is, apparently his teacher didn't see it happen, and Clayton, for whatever reason, didn't tell her that it happened, and she didn't notice it until carpool.

The pictures don't show it nearly as well as it appears in person. I'm wondering if it's going to fade, or if he's going to have a real shiner come tomorrow.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't you love how they spring those things on you?

The other day Gaby says to me "yeah, and then Rhoda hit me in the face because I was looking at her. It still hurts." Just matter of fact.

Of course, when I called the teacher this morning, they knew it had happened and had disciplined the offending kid. Gaby left that part out.

Pattypor said...

That does it. Time to home school. I will not have him being abused.