you realize you're not quite as smart as you thought you were.
Mike's second oldest Christian, has an upcoming birthday. Since we're not going to be seeing him for awhile (they live several hours away) we decided to mail his present to him. I considered taking it the the post office and mailing it priority mail because hey, they give you the box. But no, I thought that would be too expensive, and there's no rush, so I would be better off buying a box and sending it parcel post.
So I buy a box. $3.14. Seriously? You really can't manufacture and sell a stinking piece of folded cardboard for cheaper than that? Anyway, I buy the box.
I take the time last night to tape the box together, put the gift in, pack it with some air bubble things, tape it shut and address it.
This afternoon I go to the post office. Where the nice little postmistress lady says, "How do you want to send this?" To which I reply, quite smugly I might add, "Anything but priority mail." And then she weighs it.
It costs 7 stinking cents difference to mail it priority mail rather than parcel post.
And that would have included the box for free.
But I was too smart for them, by golly, and paid $3.14 for one.
Sometimes my brilliance amazes me, I tell ya!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Have I taught you nothing? What is your time worth? LOL.
Yeah, yeah, I know.
Post a Comment