Wednesday, October 01, 2008

A is for Apron

Each year, our elementary school has a school carnival. It is their one fundraiser of the year, and usually brings in enough money to do some really nice things not otherwise in the school budget, like buy really nice playground equipment, and things such as that.

One of the biggest parts of the fundraiser is a silent auction. People donate items which are then auctioned off, and in addition to those items, each class puts together a basket with a particular theme, with the items in the basket coming from the kids in the class. This year, Aaron's class basket has the theme of cooking/baking. Which got me to thinking apron, since I had such fun making the Elvis one for Two Grandma recently.

They are trying to keep with the red/black color theme of Farberware, so this is what I came up with for our contribution. I think I have enough leftover fabric for a potholder or two and maybe an oven mitt, to match.



And, although not an apron, here's a picture of the fun baby things I made with the cute fabric I showed you last week:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That baby stuff is adorable!

Cheryl said...

Thanks. I have some extras cut out, and could make for you if I just had a name to put on there...

Anonymous said...

Hee. :) Send me an e-mail.