Monday, September 08, 2008

An uneasy truce



Yes, that is a spider. A big one even. And it lives at my house.

Important words, people. Read them again. It lives at my house.

And has lived here for probably two months. WITHOUT ME KILLING IT!!!

Why is that so amazing, you ask?

I don't like spiders. They freak me out. Seriously. I've been known to run from rooms screaming because of them. Empty out half a can of raid on them. Refuse to go into an area where they might be.

Don't

Like

Spiders

But for some reason, I've let this one alone. And I can't quite figure it out. I think it has something to do with respect. He seems to respect that he should not come in my house, and hangs out quietly outside my patio doors. I respect that he's just trying to make a life for himself, and doesn't seem interested in bothering me.

So we've decided, at least for now, to leave each other alone.

As long as he keeps up his end of the deal, we're good. But if he comes in my house, or jumps on me at some point, while I'm walking by?

All bets are off, baby.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Eep. You are better than I, because that thing would have been dead...oh, about 2 months ago.