Okay, I'm glad he's out of here.
I'm also glad he wasn't as bad here as was initially expected, or in Galveston, but sorry for all the damage that was done. There's still major clean up to be done, and I so feel for the people who have lost everything they own. That has to be so incredibly hard.
The only effects that we had were a bit of rain, which, quite honestly, we really needed.
In other events of the weekend, we went and got my mother Friday night, in anticipation of possible bad weather, and came back to eat fried turkey (yum) with all the fixings, and watch Hurricane Ike coverage.
Saturday we slept in (double yay), reviewed Hurricane damage, cooked and ate pancakes and sausage and bacon, then the five of us engaged in an all out assault on dirt and clutter. Oh, and watched the city people fix a water leak that was on their property, but that they were initially trying to say was on ours. Once the water leak got fixed, we did laundry, finished cleaning, and made homemade breadsticks to go with the homemade lasagne that I had frozen last month. Then Mike and the boys had a Wii bowling tournament, and we all went to bed early.
Today we went to church, went to lunch, then took my mother home. After getting home, Mike went to help a friend with a building that he's building, and the kids and I spent about three hours working on birthday presents for Two Grandma's birthday on Tuesday. She's going to have some very one of a kind treasures, I believe.
Now tonight I sit here, wishing that tomorrow weren't a school day, and that each weekend were a three day one. On the upside, I have no court tomorrow, so I'm hoping my de-cluttering ambitions from yesterday will carry over into my office on the morrow. Wish me luck!
Sunday, September 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
I'm so glad you all came through everything okay. Was worried about you guys.
Post a Comment