Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Well, we all survived

The first day of school that is.

But just barely.

Car pool line was quite frankly, a nightmare. This is a brand new school, so there are, of course, glitches to be worked out. They will take time. I get that.

I do not, however, get the dufus parents who simply can not or will not follow the rules and procedures that were set up by the school administration. And I do not get why the school administration does not stick to their guns and require said dufus parents to follow the aforementioned rules and procedures. Hello, people! What about all the rule following parents getting shafted by all the cheaters?!?!

Okay, that's the end of my vent. For now anyway. I'm sure there will be more to come.

Anyway, in addition to the madness that was carpool line (school let out at 2:45 and we didn't get the kids in the car until 3:10, and we were only about the 10th car back in line), Clayton somehow got left in his class by himself. Which totally freaked him out. And totally freaked Aaorn out, because Aaron was looking for him in the cafeteria, and could not find him. Both were upset when they finally got in the car.

We still don't understand exactly what happened, as the perception and understanding of a five year old isn't always completely on target. I did send a very tactful note to Clayton's teacher today though to ask her to watch out for him today, and when we dropped them off, the art teacher said something about it (apparently she was the one who found Clayton in his class), and said that she knew his face now and would be watching out for him.

I'm still not so sure this kindergarten thing was such a good idea.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aw, I hope today goes a little smoother!