Sunday, August 24, 2008

Sometimes I'm still shocked

at the phenomenon that is my son Aaron. In addition to being brilliant, sensitive, and wise beyond his years, he also absolutely loves God. He is an avid Bible reader, and would go to church every day if he could.

But even knowing all that, tonight he still surprised me.

I was in the dining room, and overheard part of a conversation between Aaron and Clayton, who just started in the children's, rather than the preschool, ministry this morning at church. Consequently, he and Aaron are studying the same thing, although they are in different classes. Aaron said something which I didn't hear, and then I heard Clayton say, "The Fruit of the Spirit. Yes, I heard that this morning." A little while later, I again heard them talking, and went into their bedroom to see the following scene:





You can't tell from the picture so well, but what Aaron has written on the white board is the definition and characteristics of the fruit of the spirit, which he was then explaining, in great detail, to his little brother.

It made a mama's heart proud.

No comments: