Monday, April 13, 2009

The latest in a long line of ridiculously over the top school projects

If you've read this blog for long, you know that here at the Cheryl's World household, we tend to go a bit over the top when it comes to school projects.

Case in point:
  1. The pilgrim village
  2. The infamous playhouse
  3. The Thanksgiving turkey

There are others from kindergarten, but I was even more of a deadbeat blogger back then, so there are no posts from that period.

In any case, this is the most recent school project. The deciduous forest biome, with Aaron's chosen animal, the white tail deer. Of course.

Here's the deer prior to being baked and having his neck break from the weight of his head. What can I say. Live and learn.

See, he really does have a white tail:

And here he is in all his biome glory:



Note the new sturdier neck:



And with the proud biome maker, aka Aaron:



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is the deer made of? Sculpe?

Cheryl said...

The body is a rock, and the rest is fimo polymer clay. I bought a ton of the polymer clay supplies awhile back and this is the first time I've used it. It's really pretty cool!