For the first time in my memory, all four of us are on antibiotics. I'm pretty sure that we as a family singlehandedly paid the light bill for the pharmacy this month.
Clayton started it last week when he started coughing like a seal. I was sure he had a sinus infection, so we took him to the pediatrician. It was actually just allergies, but he had the beginning of an ear infection, which would have gotten worse over the holiday weekend, so it was fortunate we got him started on antibiotics.
Then Aaron started coughing, sniffling and the like over the weekend himself. I figured his allergies were just acting up as well, and didn't think too much about it until Monday afternoon when the school nurse called and said he was wheezing. I took him to the pediatrician, who took one listen to his lungs and immediately began breathing treatments. Apparently his asthma had kicked into a high gear episode, and he had bronchitis in addition. In addition to his normal preventative asthma medication, he is now on breathing treatments, antibiotics, steroids, and a new allergy medication.
Then Mike had a cyst removed from his back on Tuesday and is on antibiotics as a precautionary measure, but other than that seems to be doing well.
I finally broke down and went to the dr. myself yesterday, after having a sore throat, coughing, generally feeling icky mess since Friday. I'm now on antiobiotics for a sinus infection.
I may have to start to keep up with who is taking what and when.
Things like this really put your good luck in perspective though. As I was up with Aaron the other night at 1 a.m., giving him a breathing treatment, I prayed a prayer of gratitude for having children who are almost always healthy and well, and a prayer for those parents who aren't so lucky.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment