Monday, October 06, 2008

Random things that make me happy

I read this post today over at BooMama and it inspired me to make such a list of my own.

It seemed like a fine idea for a rainy, lazy Monday, so here goes. My list of random things that make me happy, in no particular order:

  1. Lazy, rainy Mondays with nowhere to go and nothing to do but clean house and do laundry
  2. Overhearing my boys talk about things that they have learned about in church
  3. Really great praise and worship music
  4. My morning coffee
  5. My afternoon Coke, especially when it has little bits of ice in it
  6. Sonic Ice
  7. Early Spring, when all the trees are starting to bud
  8. Checking on the boys at night after they have gone to sleep
  9. Grey's Anatomy
  10. The smell of clean laundry
  11. A clean and de-cluttered house
  12. Time spent in my sewing room
  13. Weekends with nothing to do but hang out
  14. Spending time with good friends
  15. Having lunch with my hubby
  16. Making someone a really special gift
  17. Mexican food
  18. Shopping by myself, with no particular purpose or time constraint
  19. Successful mediations, where I feel I've been really helpful in an agreement being reached
  20. Trips to Joann's or Hancock Fabrics where I'm able to leave with a "bag of happy"
  21. Working outside, even when I'm really sore the next day
  22. Seeing something I've seen before, all over again, through the eyes of my boys
  23. Doing something for someone else that they didn't expect and didn't ask for, but really appreciate
  24. Getting some really great photographs from a trip/outing/general day with the kids
  25. Good smells like lavender and vanilla or jasmine
  26. A good book, and time to read it
  27. Sunday afternoon naps
  28. Sweet tea

No comments: