I have whined before about the problems with being a working mother. And I'm sure I'll do so again. Other than today, I mean.
I missed something at school today that I really wanted to go to. It was the first lunch of a brown bag lunch series at Aaron's school on Gifted Education, and the special needs of gifted children. Since I happen to have at least one kid fitting that criteria, I really wanted to be a part of it. And I planned to be. And then work, as it often does, took an unexpected turn. A case came up with an unexpected need. And people needed something from me at the exact same time that I needed to be somewhere else.
And so, as often happens in those situations, I had to choose work over the other thing. And I hate when I have to do that. Today wasn't as bad as sometimes, because neither of the kids knew that there was something going on that I was going to have to miss. And Mike, being the wonderful and involved Dad that he is, was there to pick up the slack.
But the fact remains that I missed out, and I just hate it when that happens.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment