Monday, December 29, 2008

When the going gets tough, the tough get sewing

I've posted recently about how bad the last couple of weeks have been as far as tragedies that have occurred in the lives of so many of my friends. In reaction to that, I've been struggling for some sense and order to my world. And how do I go about getting that? Why, by sewing of course. And I've done lots of it, for my kids, for Christmas presents from me and the kids and from other people, and for comfort gifts for people who have suffered losses. Some people cook in times of tragedy. Me, I sew.

Here are some of the things that have been keeping me occupied the past week.

A sleep mask for my father-in-law who can't sleep because of my mother-in-law's late night reading:

A new apron for my mother (there are matching dishtowels but I forgot to photograph them)

A stuffed bear by me, and card by Aaron for his classmate who is in the hospital and who lost her sister in a car accident two weeks ago:

Dishtowels and a kleenex holder for Aaron's piano teacher:

Blankets monogrammed for my sweet friend's daughter Molly, to give to her friends for Christmas:

A memory quilt made for my friend who lost her sweet baby just last week:

And last, but not least, a bear made for Clayton out of fabric he picked out yesterday:

Oh, and there were cute bib and burp cloths made Saturday that I forgot to photograph. I'll post pictures of them later.

I'm feeling better about the order in my world a bit, but I still see quite a bit of sewing to come.

No comments: