Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The weather outside is frightful

but the fire is so delightful...

so since we've no place to go, let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.


Okay, it's actually sleet, but snow rhymes better.

Due to said ice, ridiculously cold weather, and the fact that Texans have no clue how to drive when there is any sort of frozen precipitation out, everything pretty much shut down around here today. No school. No court. No piano lessons. No basketball practice. Nothing.

So in honor of that, we've gotten lots of fun homey types of stuff done indoors where it's warm, and now especially good smelling.

I'm making several batches of toffee for the courts and other groups with which I work:

And Aaron and I made mini loafs of pumpkin spice bread for all the various teachers that he and Clayton have.


I love unexpected days off!

No comments: