Monday, July 28, 2008

Home again, home again, jiggety jig

We actually got home Saturday, but I'm just getting on the internet today. I've been doing lots of napping and relaxing, interspersed with all sorts of laundry and cleaning, and just haven't taken the time to get on the net. To be honest, I was a bit afraid, as I know what an entire week of unread work emails can look like. I haven't gotten to all of them, but I did manage to get quite a bit of work filing done today, so I'm feeling good about that.


I have been trying to figure out how to condense the Washington D.C. trip into one blog entry, and quite frankly, just don't know how to do it, other than to say this:
  1. We walked a lot

  2. We saw a lot

  3. We slept a little, and

  4. We had TONS of fun

Here are a few of pictures. I will try to figure out a way to share all of them, but that's not going to happen today.

Aaron, at the White House. In case you can't read it, his sign says, "President Vaughan Reporting for Duty"

Aaron and Jack, gazing at the Jefferson Memorial


This is me, being totally disrespectful, and rubbing Justice John Jay's head

And this is Aaron, Connie, myself, and Jack, at the airport in Dallas at the end of our trip, looking like completely ridiculous dorks in our matching t-shirts and revolutionary hats. The t-shirts symbolize the fact that these two moms managed to defeat not on the Metro, but the entire trip, with our boys, by ourselves. The hats came from Mt. Vernon.

I also got to finally meet friends in person, with whom I have been emailing for more than six years now. To hear a bit more about our trip you can go to their blogs.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gaby just saw that last picture and said "That's my Aaron!"
I think she might have a little bit of a crush.

Cheryl said...

LOL, that's funny. Aaron especially appreciated it!