One of the most amazing things, I think, about having children is being given the opportunity to see the world through their eyes. It can really change your perspective on things at times, really open your eyes at others, and sometimes just absolutely break your heart.
This morning Aaron came in and said he was sad because he had been having a really good dream when Clayton woke him up. Thinking it was about visiting the island of Sodor or something along those lines, I asked him what his dream had been about. His answer wasn't what I expected. "I was dreaming that we were celebrating Christmas and that Papa (my dad) was alive and was there with us." Oh, that one hurt. So, thinking that I'm the wise one, I tell him, "Aaron, sometimes I dream about Papa too, and do you know what I think that is?" The rest of my answer was going to be to tell himt hat I think that when my dad visits me in my dreams, it's because God knows how much I really need him at that time, and sends him to me for just a bit of time. But I didnt' get the chance to answer that, because when I said "Do you know what I think that is?" Aaron answered for me. "Happiness" he said. And amidst the tears, I had to agree that he was right.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment