Not to say that I don't make changes. I just don't call them resolutions. And I don't always make them in January. When I see a change that needs to be made, I try to make it. That may be in June. It may be in December. And sometimes, yes, it's even in January.
Some of those recent changes are going on right now. I'm really trying to go more green in ways. Partly to help the environment, and partly to help my pocketbook. A couple of months ago, I came to the realization that we were going through tons of paper plates, not to mention paper napkins. The paper plates because we really needed to get new dishes, and it kind of became a habit. The paper napkins because, hey, that's how I grew up. But just after Christmas, we decided to buy new dishes. And I decided to start using cloth napkins. So we've really reduced our paper waste by a lot.
Another change that we are trying to make is trying to eat better. We went to Sams today and bought tons of different kinds of fresh fruit for both of us and the kids, as well as almonds and cashews to snack on rather than sweets and candies.
Earlier in the week we bought a big bag of chicken breasts, and grilled several to have for dinner and to use leftover in salads. For dinner Wednesday, I made saffron rice and sauteeed garlic, sweet peppers, and fresh spinach in some olive oil. It was yummy. And pretty. So pretty in fact that, dork that I am, I had to take a picture of it.
Behold:
It was just as tasty as it looks. And see those real plates and cloth napkins?
For dinner tonight though, I'm going off the deep end. It was a rough week and I need rich, high fat, high calorie comfort food. So Mike is grilling filets, and I am making fettucine alfredo with a wonderful sounding new recipe I found this morning. Oh, and we'll be having bread also. Aaron will probably have some salad with his. As for me, I'll be having wine. But in a glass wine glass, and with real dishes and cloth napkins.
I do have some standards.




No comments:
Post a Comment