Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Joy is where you find it

I have been really conscious the last couple of years of wanting to intentionally make memories with the kids that they will remember fondly in adulthood. Memories like decorating the Christmas tree together, great vacations, things like that.


Along those lines, I took Aaron to Washington D.C. last year, and this year Mike and I are taking the kids on a cruise. We have season passes to Six Flags for the second year, and are making plans for a couple of short summer trips to Galveston and to New Braunfels.


But sometimes, it seems, it isn't the big things that make the most lasting memories, or bring the most joy.


It's the little ones.


The ones that aren't planned but just happen.


Ones like catching fireflies on a warm early summer night.






These are the memories that I will treasure in my heart.

No comments: