Monday, May 11, 2009

Day One

I don't think I've posted about it before, but we are going on a cruise in August.

A cruise to Mexico or some other tropical locale, depending on the state of the swine flu.

Tropical locales, and cruises, mean lots of wearing of shorts and swimsuits.

And so it seemed a good time to try to tone up and lose some weight. I've read lately, on several blogs that I follow, about the 30 day shred. So I thought, hey, how hard can a 20 minute workout be?

I've watched The Biggest Loser, so you would think I would know better. But no.

So, anyway, today was day one. And if I can move tomorrow, it will be day two. I will admit that I had to take a breather during part of the jumping jack/jumprope cardio gig. And the pushups? Yeah, I was lucky to make it part of the way through the modified version. But I did make it through the entire twenty minute workout, for the most part. I'm having a glass of milk now trying to recover some of those burned out muscles.

Wish me luck for tomorrow.

No comments: