but apparently, I was wrong. When I went to pick Clayton up from school yesterday, his teacher pulled me aside to ask if Mike and I could talk to him, because he hasn't been listening to her very well recently. She has to ask him 5-6 times to quit doing something before he will stop, and then will go back to doing it within 10 minutes. Clayton, despite his normal orneriness at home, has always been quite good at school, so I was a bit surprised, to say the least.
So last night, Mike and I sat down to talk to him. I had a hard time not laughing at times, because I could just see our future. Clayton on one couch looking at us, while Mike and I were across from him on the other one, trying to reason with him. Sigh, I'm not sure how much he got out of it. I guess we'll see.
When I picked him up today, I asked his teacher how she did, and she told me he had done better, and they had talked during naptime as Clayton didn't sleep. Apparently that's a relatively new thing too. Anyway, it turns out that Clayton's new best friend, Chloe, who I've previously mentioned, is quite prone to ignoring the teachers, and at least part of his behavior is coming from him acting like her.
How in the world do you tell a 3 year old that he needs to find new friends, who are better influences? Especially when he used to have them and has now dumped them for this new kid on the block?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment