Tuesday, January 24, 2006
Birthdays are such fun
Today was the birthday of a girlfriend of mine, and so six of us girls got together for a 2 hour birthday lunch, and what fun it was! I haven't laughed that much in a long time, and it just occurred to me how much better life has gotten for me as I've gotten older. I have so much more confidence now than I did in my twenties. I am so much more comfortable in my skin, and I really appreciate my friends now more, I think, than I ever have before. My husband is wonderful, and my kids are wonderful, but there's just nothing like hanging out with a group of the "girls", all on the downslide to 40, giggling like teenagers. I hope I'm still doing the same thing with my friends 50 years from now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment