We went to East Texas this past weekend; partly to visit relatives; partly to allow Mike and his cousin to make some venison smoked sausage; partly for me to visit a client in the (somewhat) area. We had planned this trip a couple of months ago. The relatives we were visiting are some of our favorites, but we find it hard to visit them because they are often busy on the weekends, as are we, so finding a time when we are both available is sometimes challenging.
Anyhoo, we found this last weekend. Until Joe, Mike's cousin, calls earlier in the week to worn us that they have all been sick. That he and Kim are over it, but Devin, their daughter, still has the lingering cough and such. We decide to brave it and go anyway.
Well guess what. The kids and I are all now sick. Croupy cough. Congestion. Low grade fever. The kids seem to have run a fever for about a day, and then gotten over it. Me? I'm now on my third straight day with a low grade fever. Not enough to legitimately take off work, but just enough to make me feel crappy as I continue to do the work that I have to do because, hey, I'm a solo practitioner. Complete ups and downs to that choice, let me tell you.
Anyway, I'm hoping to be better by the weekend. Because being sick bites.
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment