Friday, February 20, 2009

Had some realizations this week

Mostly about just how lucky I am to have the support system that I do.

When Clayton busted his head open the other night, we were able to call Mike's parents who not only came down to give us a second opinion on the need for stitches, but also to take Clayton and me to the hospital so Mike could stay home with Aaron to calm him down and get him to bed.

And on Wednesday, when Aaron came home sick from school, Grandpa was able to pick him up for me and then keep him until Mike was able to get him and take him to the doctor so that I could keep a work appointment that I had.

And then this morning when I had to take the kids to school because Mike (who takes them 99.9% of the time) was going out of town for the weekend.

I seriously don't know how single moms do it. Especially when they don't have the extended support system that I have. And they have more than one child. And they live paycheck to paycheck so that having to take a day off for a sick kid can be devastating to their finances.

I am very blessed always, but really recognized that in the last few days.

No comments: