Monday, November 17, 2008

Some weekends are all about the rest

and some are about how many different things you can do and how much stuff you can get done that you've been needing to do and just haven't had the time.

This past weekend fell into the second category.

Saturday was the day we saw how many different things we could do. Starting at about 7:30, we:
  • helped to decorate for and attend National Adoption Day, which lasted all morning
  • went to a family reunion for a couple of hours
  • went and bought two new winter coats for myself, as I lost my dress coat last year, and fell in love with another one
  • went to an Opry in the area to listen to Mike play the drums
  • come home, get the kids bathed, and collapse in exhaustion

Sunday was the lets get lots of stuff done day. We:

  • went to church
  • ran by Home Depot and Michaels to pick up things for some of our day's projects
  • went to lunch where we saw a mouse (stay tuned on that one)
  • came home, changed into work clothes and started the first of 6 loads of laundry that we did
  • popped popcorn and began making a sign for Aaron's cub scout popcorn entry
  • staged a couple of different pictures for the entry, and took pictures
  • cleaned and organized my sewing room
  • ironed 7 dress shirts
  • fed, bathed and got the kids in bed
  • found a mouse in the pantry, screamed

Now it's Monday, and I'm thinking I need a weekend to recover from my weekend. Thankfully next week the kids are out of school all week and I don't work much, so we should be able to fit in some relaxation. I hope.

No comments: