Monday, November 03, 2008

I knew I shouldn't have read Shannon's blog this morning

because if I hadn't, I wouldn't have seen that she tagged me, and I wouldn't have felt compelled to now do this:

7 interesting/odd facts about me:
  1. I am very good at math, particularly with figuring things in my head. I was actually in the math club in high school and competed in math competitions. Yes, I was a major nerd.
  2. I wanted to be a doctor, rather than a lawyer, but chemistry in college scared me out of it. I still have regrets on that one.
  3. I was so shy when younger that I would hide behind my mother when meeting strangers. Odd for a courtroom lawyer, but I actually am still very shy in many ways; I just hide it well.
  4. I am an avid reader, and often read so much that I would be hard-pressed to tell you the last thing that I read, or even what it was about, because it's likely that I've read several books in one week.
  5. I thought that my name was Sissy until I was almost 5, because that's the only thing my family called me. I was incredibly offended when my brother Gary told me one day that my name was Cheryl.
  6. My paternal grandparents were actually step brother and sister prior to getting married. Yeah, explains alot about me, huh?
  7. My undergraduate degree was in journalism/English. I still have hopes of writing a book one day.
8 shows I love to watch:
  1. Grey's Anatomy
  2. Boston Legal
  3. Trading Spaces
  4. House Hunters
  5. Brothers and Sisters
  6. Dancing with the Stars
  7. Mission Organization
  8. The Carol Duvall Show
8 things that happened yesterday:
  1. We went to church
  2. Our Cub Scouts did the flag ceremony at the dedication of the new school, and did a great job
  3. Aaron learned to play chess
  4. I was in a really crabby mood all day long
  5. I spent a little time in my sewing room which helped with the crabby mood
  6. I ironed a bunch of Mike's shirts for this next week
  7. Mike and I did a little bit of house cleaning
  8. We all went to bed early; yes, it was a pretty boring day
8 places I love to eat:
  1. San Miguels
  2. Olive Garden
  3. Jim's Pizza
  4. Abuelo's
  5. Finn's
  6. Saltgrass
  7. Cafe Brazil
  8. Shogun
8 things I am looking forward to:
  1. Jesus coming back
  2. Thanksgiving
  3. Christmas
  4. Watching to see the kind of men my boys grow into
  5. Grandchildren
  6. Retiring
  7. Clayton's birthday
  8. Aaron's birthday
8 things on my wish list:
  1. Having a mediation center
  2. Becoming a judge
  3. Owning a ranch and ditching this whole legal thing
  4. Being able to retire and spend all my time crafting and puttering around the house
  5. Owning and operating an antique/craft store/tea shop
  6. Having my boys grow into good and Godly men, husbands, and fathers
  7. growing old with my husband, and becoming one of those couples that looks alike and finishes each others sentences
  8. leaving a legacy of making a positive difference in people's lives
And, 8 people I'm supposed to tag: going to retag many of those Shannon did, because, unfortunately, I don't know that many people who blog, and even going to tag some who don't blog, get to it people!: Amy, Amber, Alison, Erica, Susan, Tara. Okay, that's only 6, deal with it.

No comments: