It was after we got back home from a 24 hour trip to Houston, with 19 of that either traveling or seeing kids.
I can't even remember what Mike and I were talking about but he was saying that the reason that he buys lottery tickets isn't to win some 100 million dollar jackpot, but to win enough to pay off all our bills so that I wouldn't have to work if I didn't want to.
And then the unexpected thing happened. I realized that even if I didn't need to work financially, I would still want to. I haven't felt that way in a really long time. It was surprising to me. I don't know if I feel that way because both kids are now in school, or because I've finally hit a work groove that I feel I really fit into, or what.
I did decide rather readily though that if we ever hit that place, I would hire an assistant to help me with the things I always tend to neglect, like filing and organizing, doing the paperwork type things I need to do; keep records and make phone calls and all that jazz. The mundane stuff I hate to do, but the neglect of which causes me more stress than most everything else.
So keep your fingers crossed, people, for those lucky numbers to come along!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment