Wednesday, March 15, 2006

It's amazing how long 15 minutes can seem

when you are stuck in traffic on the freeway and your husband has just called you in an uncharacteristic panic telling you to meet him at the pediatrician's office because your youngest child has busted his eye sliding down the slide. I was actually eyeballing very large semi trucks and wondering how I could possible climb over them to get off the deadlocked freeway and onto the service road. Luckily, traffic started moving pretty quickly after that, and after lots of speeding very very fast, and weaving in and out of cars (yes, I know, not so safe), I made it to the dr.'s office, almost knocked over a nurse on my way back to the examination room, and found my sweet baby sitting on the exam table, happy as a clam, reading a book. He has a big gash on his eyelid, and a bruise, and by tomorrow is probably going to look like he went several rounds in the boxing ring. But the important thing is that his eye is fine and so is he. I'd rather not make many more trips like that!

No comments: