Tuesday, September 13, 2005

My son the comedian

Aaron decided to play his first practical joke yesterday, and unfortunately, I was the victim. I took the kids to Walmart yesterday after picking them up from school, and partway through the trip, Clayton decided he had to go to the bathroom (imagine that timing). So off the three of us head to the bathroom. We all go in the big handicapped stall, so I can keep an eye on Aaron too. I hang my purse on the door, and try to help Clayton go to the bathroom. He has, of course by this time, decided he doesn't want to go to the bathroom anymore. As I'm busy messing with him, Aaron says "Mom, someone stole your purse!" I turn around, and sure enough, my purse is no longer hanging on the hook on the door. What you have to realize also is that everytime I hang my purse on a bathroom door, I have flashbacks from some show I watched that was talking about people reaching over doors in public bathroom stalls and stealing purses. So anyway, I run to the stall door, yank it open, start to run out, panicking. Then I'm thinking what do I do? Do I run after the thief? Do I stay with the kids? Can I do both? About that time Aaron says "Just kidding!" He had taken my purse off the door and was standing there with it. Somehow, he thought the whole incident was a little more amusing than I did!

No comments: