Thursday, May 11, 2006

Unbelievable

I took Aaron to the pediatric ENT today. My reason for doing so was because when I took him to the pediatric dentist a couple of months ago, he recommended that we take him to an ENT to have him evaulated for a restricted airway. Huh? I took him to see about his teeth!!! Anyway, I took him a couple of days after that for his well child check with his regular pediatrician. She didn't see any problems, but told me to take him to the ENT if I was concerned. So anyway, today we went. The dr. put a scope up his nose (boy that looked like fun) to look at his adenoids, and it turns out that they are so enlarged that he his airway is about 75% restricted!!! Poor guy, no wonder he breathes through his mouth at night. She gave us some prescriptions for medicines for him to take, referred us to an allergist to get him tested for allergies, and wants to see him back in about 2.5 months to see if he's better. If not, she's going to recommend surgery. Poor guy. I just can't believe that he's never shown enough symptoms from this before for anyone to see it as a problem.

No comments: