Monday, April 28, 2008

Not a huge sports fan

I know that's almost a sacrilege, being a native Texan and all, but I've just never been a huge sports fan. I mean I have the Super Bowl on usually, because, hey, it's the Super Bowl, and they usually have great commercials. I even watch the occasional Texas Rangers game. Okay, mostly that's just when my Mom is around. But as far as playing a sport? I never say the appeal. Perhaps that's because I have two left feet, and constant bruises from running into walls while attempting to pass through a doorway. Graceful, I'm not. But in any case, I've never cared about sports, and frankly, never has Mike.

That's why I'm a huge fan of Upward Sports. Aaron, bless his heart, inherited his mother's natural grace and lack of competitive spirit. He does, however, enjoy the camraderie and team spirit of organized sports. Thankfully, our church runs the Upwards Sports program, in which Aaron has played basketball the past three years, and now this year, soccer. After our terrible experience with competitive little league baseball last year, this is a true blessing!



No comments: