
Monday, June 19, 2006
This is Grandpa
and he's a pretty cool guy in my boys' eyes. Well, to be honest, mine too. Grandpa is about to retire from his job of more than 35 years, and he is counting down the days! But he's not going to completely be idle once he retires, because he's going to be keeping Aaron after school on the days that I work too late to pick him up. I'm not sure who is more excited about the prospect, Aaron or Grandpa. You see, Grandpa has been making all sorts of plans for projects for the two of them to do together. It warms my heart to hear the two of them talk, especially since I never had that kind of relationship with either of my grandpas, as one died before I was born, and one died when I was only two. It's extra special too, since my dad died before my boys were born, and this Grandpa is the only one that they have. But I have to admit, he's an awfully special one, so if they only get the chance to have one Grandpa, I'm glad he's the one. And I'm not just saying that because his name is Doyle Wayne, the same as my dad, but that's pretty special too!


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment